Some sleep related things about me that you may not know about.
- I wear a night guard because I grind / clench my teeth. I’m in the process of replacing my current night guard (2 yrs old) because it has a crack in it.
- I have a tough time with pillows. My old pillows were perfect for me. They supported my neck just right. I got new pillows a couple of years ago and I still have problems with it.
- I’m pretty sure I drool in my sleep. I snore too. I don’t think I talk when I’m asleep.
- I usually sleep on my stomach first, then to my right side and sometimes to my back. I rarely start my sleep on my back.
- I’m a light sleeper in my house but my brain filters out the sirens and traffic noise.
- I like my bedroom cool. But I cannot stand any cold AC blowing on me when I sleep. When I was in traveling in Taiwan, I had to drape a tshirt over my head to stay warm.
- No matter how hot it is, I usually like to have a blanket – even if it is just a sheet.
- Sometimes I sleep with the lights on. If my Teddy Bear was still around, he would stay on guard duty.
- There are times when I find scratches on my body when I wake up. Sometimes the pillows are on the floor and the blankets are all messed up.
- Years ago, our family had a cat and it would sometimes sleep with me at night. She would just walk over me and slept on my legs. After she passed away, I could still feel the her sleeping on my legs. It happened for a couple of weeks and then she finally left.