I think my brain stops working sometimes. It’s as if my body is moving but there’s no one home. Here are a few recent examples.
1. I went downstairs from my condo to get my mail. When I got back, I couldn’t open my door. I kept turning the lever but door won’t open. Then my brain started to come alive. Maybe I should just unlock the door using the key I was holding in my hand.
2. When I watch TV and change channels during the commercials, I rarely remember what I was watching originally. So I end up watching something else. Sometimes I’ll stumble back to the the show I was watching originally as I’m flipping through the channels again. Now I rarely change channels (especially when I’m watching Walking Dead).
3. I will soon resort to tying my reading glasses to my “thing”. It’s the only way for me not to lose my reading glasses. But I know I’ll end up tying my remote controls, wallet etc… to it. Hmm… I wonder if that will stretch my “thing”?
4. If I don’t write down when I put something in the oven, I will never remember it. I have a timer on my iPhone but keep forgetting to check it.
5. Don’t even ask me about passwords. I can remember my ATM password, a few of my online passwords and believe it or not, my student number from university. As for the rest, I think I will have to write them down on my “thing”.
6. I was doing laundry and noticed I didn’t have enough for a full load. It was towards the end of the day so I figured I would just toss in what I was wearing. Then I realized the blinds were up. I ran to my bedroom to put on some clothes. It’s a good thing I haven’t attached my glasses and remote controls to my “thing” yet.
I need some brain pills.