A bit of this and a bit of that…
- My back has been bothering me for the past few days. It’s just been stiff and sore. So out came the heating pad and the Ibuprofen. It’s gotten better now but I guess it wants to remind me to keep up with my stretching. And now my shoulder is bothering me.
- The other night my insomnia decided to show who’s the boss. I gave up sleeping around 4:30 AM and got out of bed. I wasn’t too tired and the day went by as usual. But I had to take a nap in the late afternoon. I was worried that I won’t be able to sleep at night. Oddly enough, my body went back to relatively normal sleep schedule that night.
- I just had another bad sleeping night. I was very sleepy after dinner last night and started to doze off. I decided to go to bed early. By 9PM, I was in bed, read for about 15 minutes and fell asleep. Just before I slept, I thought this is the fastest I’ve gone to sleep. I figured I would wake up around 5 AM and get a good start to my day. I woke up at midnight, fully alert. I read a bit, went to my desk to check on my laptop, went back to bed, read and fidgeted for a few hours. By 5:30, I decided to just get out of bed. I hope the two mugs of coffee I had in the morning will be enough to keep me going. Update: 11PM – I’m still awake and alert!
- I have a bunch of recurring dreams. Is it because my subconscious lacks imagination and have to go into reruns? In one of them, I’m leaving a retirement home. I have no idea who I was visiting or why I was there. It always starts with me leaving it. It feels like a large, 5 or 6 story brick building. I cross the street into a large, messy lawn of an old estate. It feels like something from the southern US. A hologram tiger will come out to check me out. I don’t know how I know it’s not a real tiger. But I still keep a wary eye on it when it comes near me. Weird dreams.
- I lost track of the days a couple of times this week. I woke up on Saturday thinking it was Friday. Sometimes it feels like there are eight days in a week. I don’t what to call this eighth day yet.
- My texts with J are sometimes sprinkled with weird nonsense. One night he asked what I made for dinner. I told him fried rice and added “everyone loved it”. Since I live alone, he asked “who is everyone?” I reply “my imaginary friends – they just adore my cooking. But they don’t do dishes.” Another day I told him of my ongoing battles ing with my arch enemy, the plump Kung Fu Panda. That Panda loves to sneak into my condo, steal food from my fridge, use my toilet and never flushes. Weird… yes I am. I just like to keep things interesting.
- I haven’t gone out to take pictures in a while. I get into these ruts regularly. I’m not sure why. Maybe I just need a bit more self discipline. Sometimes I can go out for a few hours and not see anything worth taking. Or I might take a few pictures but after reviewing them, I wonder what I saw.
I hope you’re all doing well. Stay strong and positive.